Re: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg failed

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 05:47:36AM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> dpkg-reconfigure couldn't reconfigure xserver-xorg because
> /etc/x11/xorg.conf is being shared by something else on this system. what
> might be sharing it and how might that be cleared?

I don't know if it is complaining about another application having the
file open or another package sharing that config file (highly unlikely
I think).

If it is the former then then the lsof file can tell you what
applications are using that file at the moment, then just close those
processes that are accessing it.

lsof | grep xorg.conf

should do it.

HTH