Re: How to set iceweasel as the application to open http hyper links in icedove?

Davide Mancusi wrote:
Martin Marcher ha scritto:
When I click a hyper link in icedove, I'd like one browser, for example,
iceweasel, to open this link.
I didn't find any where within icedove to set this option. Could anyone
point it out?

That is not an option in iceweasel it is related to the alternatives
system in debian.

To do it properly have a look at "man update-alternatives"

The easy way would be to just let /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser
(something like that) point to the correct browser (your iceweasel
binary)

Even after setting the right alternative, it might still not work because of bug #425790. Have a look on the BTS, there are a couple of workarounds.

Davide

Thank you all.
After applying the workaround quoted as follows, it works for me:

Quote[
yeah ... the cause is that location of global config files moved down
one folder. Previously we had a hack that allowed you to drop configs
in /etc/icedove/ ... now we have a clean solution that introduces an
official syspref foloder, which is:

$ ls -l /usr/lib/icedove/defaults/syspref
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Jun  1 22:35
/usr/lib/icedove/defaults/syspref -> /etc/icedove/pref

... so copying your current /etc/icedove/ files to /etc/icedove/pref/
should fix this for you ... if not, then I forgot to apply the syspref
patch ... so let me know if this workaround actually works for you.
]

Thanks.
Michael.