Re: Converting sxw files to ps or pdfs

On Thu, 2007-04-10 at 06:33 -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Bill <bill3@uniserve.com> [2007 Oct 04 06:21 -0500]:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I've got a problem with Open Office Writer. I've done a mail
> > merge that produces a ton of .sxw files. These need to be
> > faxed in bulk, but of course none of the fax programs can
> > handle bulk input. No prob. I wrote a looping script using efax
> > which uses ps/tiff input and that works. But I can't find a
> > utility to convert OOo .swx files to ps. Any suggestions?
> > I've googled my fingers off.
>
> .sxw would be the old Star Office format files so modern tools would
> probably work with .odt files which are Open Document Format (ODF).
> Other than opening the files in OOo and printing to a file. which
> results in a .ps output, there doesn't seem to be an outside converter.
>
> - Nate >>
 Yes this is an older version of OO but like you say there
isn't an external filter such as pdf2ps. The problem though
remains the same - bulk conversion - so the export to pdf and
print to file .ps options are useless because they're done one
at a time. It would take me a week to get the job done.

It's a definite shortcoming in OO.

	b.