Re: Converting sxw files to ps or pdfs

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 03:55:21AM -0700, Bill wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've got a problem with Open Office Writer. I've done a mail
> merge that produces a ton of .sxw files. These need to be
> faxed in bulk, but of course none of the fax programs can
> handle bulk input. No prob. I wrote a looping script using efax
> which uses ps/tiff input and that works. But I can't find a
> utility to convert OOo .swx files to ps. Any suggestions?
> I've googled my fingers off.

These instructions:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2006/01/11/from-microsoft-to-openoffice.html

show how to script the conversion using OOo macros and its command line
interface.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!