Re: P-II ASUS box won't boot another drive

On 10/03/2007 08:39 AM, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

[...] Surely a P-II that came
with an 8GB drive (with no extra jumpers) should be able to use a 1 GB
drive.  The BIOS does show the correct size for each drive, detecting
the same geometry as printed on the drive.

Thanks,

Doug.

If you haven't been able to get any O/S to boot on the P-II since the death of its old HD, I suggest that you blow any dust out of the system unit, and, if you can, check that the power supply is working properly.

And don't throw away that old HD :-)

BTW, all of my old WD hard disks had a 512MB jumper group.