Re: cdrecord vs. wodim again

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 10:11:29AM +0000, steef wrote:

> two weeks ago i asked on this list 'what is better': cdrecord or wodim.
> on one of the responses i answered that the most recent version of
> cdrecord/cdr-tools completely damaged two brandnew cdrom's.

Just to clarify, do you mean that the cdrom (the $1 or so disc) or do
you mean that it damanged the drive itself (the $50-100 drive)?

Since the drive has a laser, I can see that a bad app/driver could point
that thing at the wrong spot on the disc and wreck it.  It would be a
whole 'nother ball of wax if we risk killing hardware running a standard
app.

Doug.