Re: Help Please

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 01:09:25 +0200, s. keeling wrote:
> Florian Kulzer:
> >
> >  (I can only confirm that the 2.6.22 version of sc92031.c has the text
> >  "Rsltek 8139D PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter driver" in the source code.)
> ....^^^^^^
>
> Is that a typo, or is a wishlist bug in order?

I copy/pasted directly, and I don't think that it is a typo in the
source either. My guess is that Silan actually uses the name "Rsltek
8139D", obviously to confuse people and to trick them into buying this
card. Looking at the complaints on the web, I get the impression that
they are selling this card mainly in India; maybe the Indian trademark
laws allow them to ride on the coattails of Realtek like that. (In other
places they seem to use the more appropriate name "Silan Fast Ethernet
Netcard".)

          Florian   |