Re: problem with postfix and libsasl2

Sam Leon wrote:
Daniele Salatti wrote:
Hi!
I'm trying to set up a mailserver on Debian etch for the first time, but I have a problem: every time I restart postfix I get this message:

/usr/sbin/postconf: /usr/local/lib/libsasl2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/postconf)

Any idea on how can I fix it? I can't use SASL...

TIA
Daniele

http://www.salatti.net/

You might not have it installed. For a normal postfix setup you need the packages: postfix libsasl2 sasl2-bin libsasl2-modules libdb3-util procmail

What do you mean that you can't use SASL? You can't use it because it is not installed or because you don't want to?

Sam

Hi Sam
I can't use it because of this error (I think). It's installed...but someway not working. I'm following an how-to, and when I reach this point (http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-etch/#id28 - Authenticated SMTP) I can't access my smtp as shown in the example. (Sorry, but my english is not so good...)

Daniele