Re: [Fwd: Re: 'manual' x configuration - where's xf86config?]

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 05:12:50PM -0400, Ralph Katz wrote:

> I've been stumped before trying to configure X on an old sarge system.
> What solved my problem when all else failed was.... to load knoppix,
> then extract the needed info from knoppix's X config file.  Ugly, but
> effective.

I never could get X working with Sarge's drivers.  I ended up keeping
Woody's X system installed.

Debian doesn't run that well on my old boxes, so I tend to use OpenBSD.
Their Xorg stuff runs just fine on video cards that don't need
closed-source drivers.

Doug.