Re: [Fwd: Re: 'manual' x configuration - where's xf86config?]

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 09:10:08PM +0100, Martin Waller wrote:

Thanks for yours and other's input to my irritating problem :)

Did you try dexconf?

I did now. It just did nothing - no error message, no output of any kind, nothing.

Changed nothing. Thanks for suggestion,. but given the above, and without wishing to cast doubt on the quality of dexconf, something don't work somewhere!

Man page for it gave no clues either.

Is it just me or was it easier when stuff wasn't dumbed down to 'attract windows users'? I was never very quick, bit when I had to find out I could - I mean at least the docs were up to date so RTFM was actually a useful suggestion....if only I could find it (or an uptodate version)!

Regards,
Andrei

Mine to,

Martin