Re: 'manual' x configuration - where's xf86config?

On 09/30/2007 12:25 PM, Martin Waller wrote:
duh!

My x freezes on start after I installed etch and I want to use xf86config to reconfigure it. What happened to that utlitlty? I cannot work out what package its in.

Also, in the debian reference manual, at http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-xsrvr, it refers to xserver-common-v3 (I think I need this as I have an old matrox card)- I can find no such package in etch - is the ref manual out of date or something? Surely not?

Thanks for any help,

Martin

Any references to XFree86 are outdated if you're using Etch. The Debian Reference was written for Sarge (which I'm glad of because I'm still using Sarge).

Try this:

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg