Re: Debian with Wireless

Chris Lale wrote:
Dennis wrote:
When will there be a distro available that will include the setting up
of wireless networks, for those that want the setup in their laptops?  I
have a laptop, and so far the only one that allows me to setup wireless
as I install, is Ubuntu.  I begin to tell you how much I dislike Ubuntu.

There are various HOWTOs for setting up wireless in Debian. Try this phrase in a
search engine:

	debian setting up wireless network

Perhaps the NewbieDOC wiki [1] has what you need?

[1] http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Docs#Help_with_network_and_internet

what chris writes is a good start. i use a rather long time an asus_wireless card with the rt2500-source package, available in etch. (better known as the ralink chip) this kernel_module works perfect.

steef