Spring clean

Hi all

Even though it is now approaching fall/autumn (in the northern hemisphere anyway), I am wanting to do some spring cleaning of my hard drive. In my enthusiasm for Debian's apt-get I have gorged myself on a load of packages that I probably don't need. One example is multiple language versions of OOo, but there are likely others too.

Can someone recommend a newbie-friendly easy, and safe way of cleaning house so that I can retain those packages that I need (and want) but can clear out the dust bunnies, etc..?

Many thanks