Re: Debian may lose a user

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 07:44:58 -0400, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> said:

> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 10:30:29AM -0400, Chris Bannister wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 11:12:02PM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
>> > more likely to give better reports if asked by a nice dd. But since
>> > its not 'policy', its not something that is required. There is the
>> > obvious situation where DD have real lives and can not respond to
>> > every user,
>>
>> Apparently policy does not list requirements but best practices. IOW
>> policy is not (supposed to be(?)) used to enforce behaviour.
>>
>> Please correct my statement(s) if I am off target.
>>
> That is why I used the quotes ('policy' vs policy).

        Hmm. I wondered why kevin was saying this, since he is generally
 clued in, and knows policy is to be followed. The distinction is that
 Debian technical policy, the entity Chris is referring to (I presume),
 does not govern people. It governs technical aspects of  packaging
 Debian software, so it has no jurisdiction in how reports are responded
 to.

        Sorry if my previous mail was confusing.

        manoj
--
Sushido, n.: The way of the tuna.