Re: Slow Network Connection

I can suggest you, if you have 2 PC and you use IPv4, to try netio
http://freshmeat.net/projects/netio/

You need to compile this old program. But i used to test connection speed between my machines and it worked pretty good.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Eric Estes a écrit :
I just purchased a Shuttle XPC SN27P2 barebones system.
Chipset: North Bridge - Nvidia nForce 570 Ultra
Onboard NIC: Marvell 88E1116(10/100/1000Mbps) - I also added a Intel
Dual-Server NIC and disabled the Marvell

I tried installing Debian 4.0r0, 4.0r1 and a nightly test build and they
all suffer from the same problem; an extremely slow connection to the
internet (about dial-up speed - I have a 5Meg cable connection).

Yet, if I boot off of a PCLinuxOS Live CD the network works perfectly.

I've changed cables and network cards with no luck. I'm hoping someone
here will see something that I've overlooked.

Thank you.