Re: DSL setup under Debian ETCH

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 10:38:16PM -0700, Khurram Pirzada wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Its ZTE DSL ethernet modem, model ZXDSL 831D, and its PPPoE setup. Actually its my
> first time ever to try to setup DSL under ANY Linux.

I don't know much about your model since I have an Alcatel, but after a
quick glance in google it seems yours is not much different. AFAICT
those modems have integrated just about everything (firewall, NAT, DHCP
server, ...), including a web interface for nice configuration. You just
need to point my browser to its IP (factory default seems to be
192.168.1.1) and you should be able to configure everything, including
username and password for the PPPoE connection.  There is usually also a
"bridge mode", where the modem just works as a bridge and I have to
setup everything in my computer. I think the first option is simpler.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Please use reply (but send your mails only to the list) in order to
keep the threading intact
(Albert Einstein)