Re: DSL setup under Debian ETCH

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 07:29:40AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 08:51:58PM -0700, Khurram Pirzada wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have just installed Debian ETCH under GNOME mode (and NOT KDE). I have 256kbps DSL
> > connection which works fine on same machine under XP. Now I want to be able to use
> > it under ETCH. [XP is installed on 40GB(master) and ETCH is installed on
> > 60GB(slave)]
> >
> > Can someone please guide me through the process. As a tip off, I am given IP
> > address, default gateway, NO DNS, my home numer is my user name and a password.
>
> How is the DSL modem connected to your computer (ethernet, USB, ...). Is
> that a PPPoA or PPPoE connection? If you don't know what I'm talking
> about maybe you could describe what you did under Windows to make it
> work.
It also maybe useful to tell us what model of modem you have. And if you
have ever configured an ethernet connection on Debian. Most of the
configure is done in the /etc/network/interface file. 'man interfaces'
would give you some help. Also, 'lspci' would help us to know what
ethernet card you have.
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|