DSL setup under Debian ETCH

Hi all,

I have just installed Debian ETCH under GNOME mode (and NOT KDE). I have 256kbps DSL
connection which works fine on same machine under XP. Now I want to be able to use
it under ETCH. [XP is installed on 40GB(master) and ETCH is installed on
60GB(slave)]

Can someone please guide me through the process. As a tip off, I am given IP
address, default gateway, NO DNS, my home numer is my user name and a password.

I would really appreciate if somebody can detailed explain to me.

Thanks once again.

Khurram