Re: How to reply in the mailing lists

Kumar Appaiah wrote:
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 05:59:12PM -0500, Sid Arth wrote:
Ahh you will have to excuse me, but what exactly is top posting and
what do you mean by trimming?
Ill try to fix it myself if I can.

It's easy to get over it. Just look at the top posted and bottom
posted messages here and see for yourself which makes more sense:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Posting

GMail users can scroll up and see the previous contents. But more
conventional mail client users will get _really_ pained if they see
untrimmed top postes stuff because they can't scroll up and
search. Besides, it is always better to trim replies and quote only
the things related to context.

HTH.

Kumar
I see, thank you.
I think I might try out thunderbird then heh.