Re: Num Lock nor Caps Lock LEDs working in Sid

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:16:59PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2007 Sep 25 18:08 -0500]:
>
> > Yup.  NumLock light stays on, CapsLock and ScrollLock stay off.  At
> > the console, they toggle as normal.  (I use startx to fire up X.)
>
> I log in via KDM.
>
> > Even though the lights don't toggle, CAPS LOCK still works.
>
> Hmmm, my LEDs stay off in X, but then I think they are off all the way
> through the boot process.  I just confirmed the same behavior on my
> laptop with Sid up-to-date.

confirmed here too up-to-date side, startx, wmii.

numlock led on, caps lock led off, but both keys function normally
otherwise. also, note that numlockx both functions properly with
regard to behavior of the keys but it *also* toggles the led
properly.

note that there are several bug reports and its been forwarded
upstream. problem is in xserver-xorg-core. I assume we'll see a fix
shortly.