Re: Num Lock nor Caps Lock LEDs working in Sid

Nate Bargmann wrote:
This is one of the joys of using Sid.  ;-)

I noticed over the weekend when using OOo Calc that pressing Num Lock
on my IBM PS/2 keyborad did nothing.  Neither the LED lit nor did Calc
receive numerals from the keypad.

I can switch to a VT and the LEDs light correctly and the keyboard
output is correct for their state.  Back into X I cannot get the LEDs
to light but upper/lower case text and numerals from the keypad do
toggle in Konsole (I'm running KDE).

The only bug report I've found discusses xserver-xorg-input-kbd not
keeping the Num Lock LED state when switching from a VT to X.  Is
anyone else seeing this behavior?

- Nate >>

Yes, I've just done a fresh install of Sid on a box, and have gotten quite frustrated with several things: * the num/scroll/caps lock keys don't toggle the LED (although they seem to toggle the function) * X almost seems to ignore my xorg.conf file; I can't get the dpi or resolution or refresh set right * the tv tuner card which worked with Fedora Core doesn't seem to work with Sid * the KMix mixer's main control doesn't control volume; instead, some sub-slider does Nothing show-stopping; just little nigglets. The joys of using unstable? Or of using Debian? (make room, McCarty's girlfriend (just kidding!))

--
Kent