Re: How can I acces unformatted cd/dvd with data on

On 23/09/2007 Adrian Levi wrote:
> Came in late to the conversation but can you mount the unwritten cd
> using the udf filesystem?

No, I can not mount it.
Meanwhile have searched the web and found some helpfull information about how dvds are
written using dvd recorders (connected to tv sets): wikipedia, article dvd+vr.
In this case a dvd+r had been used and it had most probably (I did not do the
recording) not been fixated after the recording. That means that most dvd players fail
(my pc did so) to play back such a dvd until it is fixated. - Do not need to mention
that the recorder used plays back the dvd w/o problems.
Will post an update to this list when I have verified my assumption. However this can
take a while, since the recorder is currently located about 500 km north of me :-(

Michael