Re: How do I know debian has detected all my hardware?

2007/9/25, Amit Uttamchandani <atu13439@csun.edu>:
> Thank you for the suggestion. This is definitely the tool that I was looking for!
>
> I am still curious, however, if this actually shows all my hardware? I guess the best comparison would be to Windows Device Manager where it shows you all hardware associated with your system and a "question mark" on those that it does not have drivers for.

funny i do it just the other way around. If I'm forced to install
windows and something doesn't work I check back with a live cd.

apart from that I'd say open up the manual that came with your
hardware and check if all the devices that are listed work. If so than
you know that everything works.

hth
martin

--