Re: Debian may lose a user

Mike McCarty wrote:

I provide this only to let you know that it looks like Debian
is going to lose a user to Windows shortly, due to perceived
lack of concern over user's difficulties shown by those who do
support for Debian. I have gently nudged her in the direction of
sticking with it a little longer, and so due to my reluctance to
kill Debian she has. But things seemingly have just gone on too
long.

Anyway, that's it, FWIW.

Fair enough. A user who needs guaranteed outside support is not advised to use Debian, but one of the paid-for Linux-with-support distributions such as Red Hat. At a pinch, Windows might do, but check with Microsoft about the cost of support calls first, as it isn't included in the price. Support from Microsoft over breakages due to service packs and upgrades is free.