Re: Penalty of SELinux?

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:13:59 -0700, consultores agropecuarios
<consultores1@gmail.com> said:
The real problem with SELinux is that it come from a really well known
untrusted organization around the globe;

        This is one place I differ.  I know and like Stephen Smalley,
 and I do not look at all the products of the NSA as being, umm,
 untrustworthy.  And it is not as if it is closed source; gazillions of
 security conscious eyes have looked at the offering.

"To what extent should one trust a statement that a program is free of Trojan horses? Perhaps it is more important to trust the people who wrote the software."

http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backdoor_(computing)#Overview
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0311.0/0635.html