Spamassassin and Exim4

Trying to get spamassassin and exim4 playing together.  I do not want exim to
drop email, only to add headers to the message so that the MUA can filter
messages according to the users preference.

I have spamassassin running as a deamon on port 783.  I've verified that I can
telnet to the port:

root@etch:/etc/exim4/conf.d/acl# telnet localhost 783
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

In /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options, I have this line:

spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783

In /etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/40_exim4-config_check_data, I have:

  warn
    spam = nobody
    add_header = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
    add_header = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
    add_header = X-Spam=bar: $spam_bar

    message = X-Spam_score: $spam_score\n\
              X-Spam_score_int: $spam_score_int\n\
              X-Spam_bar: $spam_bar\n\
              X-Spam_report: $spam_report

I've restarted exim after editing the files but I'm not getting any headers
added to mail flowing through the system.

root@etch:/etc/exim4/conf.d/acl# exim -bh 192.168.11.22

**** SMTP testing session as if from host 192.168.11.22
**** but without any ident (RFC 1413) callback.
**** This is not for real!

>>> host in hosts_connection_nolog? no (option unset)
>>> host in host_lookup? yes (matched "*")
>>> looking up host name for 192.168.11.22
>>> IP address lookup using gethostbyaddr()
>>> IP address lookup failed: h_errno=1
LOG: no host name found for IP address 192.168.11.22
>>> host in host_reject_connection? no (option unset)
>>> host in sender_unqualified_hosts? no (option unset)
>>> host in recipient_unqualified_hosts? no (option unset)
>>> host in helo_verify_hosts? no (option unset)
>>> host in helo_try_verify_hosts? no (option unset)
>>> host in helo_accept_junk_hosts? no (option unset)
220 etch.riddlemaster.org ESMTP Exim 4.63 Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:34:56 -0400

I'm far from expert on exim but my understanding is that the -bh command is
supposed to simulate a message and show all ACLs and filters that are being
applied to the message.  If so, it appears that the spam test is not being
run.  Hints or suggestions to help me figure out why would be greatly
appreciated.