Re: Tool for document management

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 04:29:46PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> 2) ISTM that it would be darn straightforward to get a VCS to handle
>    zip files properly -- unzipping the current repo version and
>    comparing to the new incoming version and then zipping the whole thing
>    up. I know it doesn't help your current situation much, but once of
>    the "still in development" VCS'es might be able to incorporate this
>    feature right away. I'm thinking particular of Darcs which is still
>    heavily worked on, I think, and being written in Haskell should be
>    subject to fairly quickly adding a feature like this. Might be
>    worth a shot.

Anything that supports prehooks and posthooks should manage it;
mercurial can, IIRC (and there's an example of something like it in the
hgrc manpage), and darcs should be able to once the next version is
released (it has prehooks, whereas the current version only has
posthooks). bzr, git, svn should all be able to manage it too.

--
Benjamin A'Lee <bma@subvert.org.uk>
http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/