Re: Tool for document management

Steve Lamb:

>     I am looking for a tool to help me maintain a backup of a writing project.

I kept all my documents (PDF, PPT, DOC, OOo, Latex etc.) from university
in SVN while studying. Before I tried SVN, I had used unison but that
didn't scale well to more than two computers and I couldn't use it
without specific client software at all when using university computers
(SVN can be accessed via Apache).

I'd probably do that again today, I'd only consider trying svk or some
other distributed vcs because it is nice to be able to commit offline.

Of course, having your repository 24/7 accessible via the net helps a
lot.

J.
--
I am on the payroll of a company to whom I owe my undying gratitude.
[Agree]   [Disagree]