bacula dependencies

I was trying to install bacula on my server and ran into some dependency problems that didn't seem to fit:

postgres 8.1
sqlite.

My intention was to install this and use my existing postgres 8.2 database since that already has all the settings tuned for performance and reliability. The method for doing this was based on the -unstable branch for installation. But I can't seem to get around installation of postgresql-client-8.1 and sqllite3.

Is there something I can do besides the somewhat obvious alternatives of installing software I don't want or waiting?