Re: lirc on Debian with AMD64

Greg Vickers wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to get lirc to work with my Hauppauge on my Debian installation on AMD64. I've used module assistant to create the lirc kernel modules and the modules install and modprobe successfully:
# lsmod | grep lirc
lirc_i2c               14980  0
lirc_dev               20264  1 lirc_i2c
i2c_core 27776 6 lirc_i2c,cx88xx,bttv,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom,i2c_nforce2

Once the modules are loaded, I can't talk to the /dev/lirc file with mode2 or anything else, so I think there may be something wrong with the udev rules, the only entry I can find is in the /etc/udev/permissions.rules file:
KERNEL=="lirc[0-9]*",                           GROUP="video"

Am I missing something?

Apparently, since you mention /dev/lirc in the same sentence claiming udev only supports lirc[0-9]*. :-)

I think /dev/lirc is, or was, the upstream default device.