Re: Scroll wheels not working after upgrade to etch/xorg

Hmmm, we still have a wrinkle...

Every so often the X server loses its Z axis mapping settings on the fly.
The result is that instead of the left hand scroll wheel mapping to the
up and down cursor keys and the right hand scroll wheel to the left and
right keys, as desired, the left hand scroll wheel suddenly decides that
it's going to be mapped to double presses of the left and right cursor
keys. The result is that I get two speeds of scrolling left and right,
but I can't scroll up and down any more.

This is an absolute pain, because it seems the only way to reset it to
normal is to restart the X server. Which of course means I have to
restart all my applications and lose all my state.

Anyone else observed this?

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons        - -        Pigeon's Nest: http://pigeonsnest.co.uk/