Re: ls sort order: new, bad, behaviour

On 9/22/07, Benjamin A'Lee <bma+lists@subvert.org.uk> wrote:

> Do 'printenv | grep LC_COLLATE' or 'locale' show the right setting?

I am beginning to think I am a victim of my addled pate. Have I been
using midnight commander too much? Am I looking for a fig newton of my
imagination, namely, an 'ls' that sorts directories first, and
ordinary files afterwards? Do others actually see that behaviour in
terminals?

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely