Re: Asterisk and ZTDUMMY

On Saturday 22 Sep 2007, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I have a working asterisk system running on Debian Etch
>
> It mostly works fine.
>
> Recently I noticed that the Conference Room (Meetme) facility had
> stopped working where it had been working before
>
> I think the issue is lack of the ztdummy module and /dev/zap/*
> devices.
>
> Since these are hotplug/udev controlled I suspect that may be the
> issue.
>
> Can anyone advise where to get these devices from

I understand what the problem is - I have downgraded my kernel to
2.6.18-4

The issue is that you need to install zaptel-modules, and there is only
a version for kernel 2.6.18-4 and no other.

I am not sure if you need them for the much later kernels, but I had
2.6.18-5 installed and that was why I was failing

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk