Re: Asterisk and ZTDUMMY

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 10:51:23 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I have a working asterisk system running on Debian Etch
>
> It mostly works fine.
>
> Recently I noticed that the Conference Room (Meetme) facility had
> stopped working where it had been working before
>
> I think the issue is lack of the ztdummy module and /dev/zap/* devices.
>
> Since these are hotplug/udev controlled I suspect that may be the issue.
>
> Can anyone advise where to get these devices from?

What happens if you try to "modprobe ztdummy" as root? The device nodes
should be created by udev as soon as the module is loaded.

If the module cannot be found or if there is a problem inserting it then
you might have to recompile it for your current kernel:

module-assistant prepare

module-assistant auto-install zaptel-source

          Florian   |