Re: SELinux Suggestion

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:32:22 -0500, Mumia W
<paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> said:

> On 09/21/2007 09:20 PM, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

>> I, for one, would specifically ask that it NOT be a standard feature,
>> so please, if it's to be offered at all, make it optional.  I would
>> hate one day to find, after doing my routine updating of my testing
>> system, to find that functionality had been sacrificed to security
>> (which has been my experience with SELinux on RedHat systems at
>> work).

        Debian is not Red Hat.  Having said that, of course Debian is
 about choice. If you do not want SELinux on your system, you do not
 have to have it.

> Read the other messages in the thread. If Debian supports SElinux,
> important, core system libraries must be built with SElinux support.

        This is already done.

> There is no option to make SELinux optional. Discussion centers around
> how visible it will be.

        That is not the case. All core libraries and packages have
 already been patched and are functional in Etch.  You did not even
 notice it, because they are optional.

        manoj
--
Did you know that if you took all the economists in the world and lined
them up end to end, they'd still point in the wrong direction?