Re: New install from businesscard distro.

john@wexfordpress.com(john@wexfordpress.com) is reported to have said:
> On Sep 21, 2:50 pm, "j...@wexfordpress.com" <j...@wexfordpress.com>
> wrote:
<--<snip>-->

> > 4. On startup my eth0 card which is connected to the internet isn't
> > activated by dhcpcd.  I can click on the little icon in the upper
> > right corner of the Gnome screen and select the eth0 card from the
> > menu shown and then internet connection is established.  But I
> > shouldn't have to do this. What happens when I switch to KDE? There is
> > a startup  error message related to eth0 about IPV6 software not
> > installed but I can't install IPV6 software until I get problem 2
> > solved.  Maybe I can kill the IPV6 requirement but I don't know where.
> >
> > Any assistance on problems 2 and 4 in particular would be appreciated.
> >
> > John Culleton
> >
> > --
>
> Solved problem 2. It seems Debian upgrades more easily from the gui
> than from the command line. Go figure.
>
> Still need suggestions on problem 4.

How do you connect to the internet, modem, router?
What does dmesg show about eth0?

edit /etc/sysctl.conf and comment out the "net.ipv6.conf" lines
until you get the net going.

Wayne

--
Real Users find the one combination of bizarre input values that shuts
down the system for days.