Re: Up-to-date Gnome versions?

El vie, 21-09-2007 a las 08:46 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West escribió:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 07:39:20AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > Not really.  A lot of vague rumors flying about though.
> >
> > Vague rumors to you, first-hand experience to me.
>
> I know you, and many others, have had trouble with aptitude, but I
> feel its important to point out that aptitude does what one tells it
> too. Now, one may be unintentionally telling it to do something one
> doesn't want, but that is another issue. Aptitude appears, to me, to
> have much more sophisticated behavior than apt-get, and that behavior
> may appear cryptic if not downright intentionally destructive but that behavior
> *is* predictable, knowable and can be altered to fit the
> circumstance. It's, more often than not, I think, a matter of learning
> a different tool and understanding what it does.

From my personal experience, aptitude works much better if you use it as
your package manager since the moment you install Debian than if you
migrate to it after some time of using apt.

Anyway, I gave up on it, is too smart for me :-P.

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice."