Re: reinstall all packages

Patrick Sannes wrote:
Hell there,

I have had a huge system crash, and recoverd partionaly from it. But a part of the stuff is damaged. Now I want to reinstall all the installed packages. Can I do that. Then the system is working again after a night of downloads.

Thanks
Patrick Sannes

I do I force files to be overwritten in aptitude ?
Like apt-get --purge remove <package> && apt-get install <package>, but in aptitude.
Re-installing in aptitude doesn't overwrite modified files. Is there an
option ?