Re: python-uno error on last upgrade at Etch.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 09:56:32 -0500, Odair Augusto Trujillo wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem with the last upgrade, I upgraded my system at
> 17/09/07.
>
> The packages upgraded be OpenOffice.org packages, included python-uno. On
> configuration of python-uno show this error:
>
> http://pastebin.ca/701901
>
> And it cant modify my packages.
>
> I have installed python2.5 and the symbolic link is /usr/bin/python ->
> /usr/bin/python2.5,

I think that is a bad idea. /usr/bin/python should point to python2.4
for Etch if I understand the Debian policy on python correctly.

> changing the symbloc link to python2.4 cause the same
> error.
> My system have python-qt4 compiled from last sources and QT4.3 compiled from
> source-packages.
> This is my debian_defaults on python:
>
> tubi@pc-control:~$ cat /usr/share/python/debian_defaults
> [DEFAULT]
> # the default python version
> default-version = python2.4
> # all supported python versions
> supported-versions = python2.4
> # formerly supported python versions
> old-versions = python2.3
> # unsupported versions, including older versions
> unsupported-versions = python2.3 python2.5
>
> If I move python2.5 to supported-versions, python-qt4 don't work.

I think you will have to edit the pre-removal script of the python-uno
package to make it skip the calls to pycentral. You can find this script
at /var/lib/dpkg/info/python-uno.prerm. It may be possible to comment
out the "if ... else" part and the "fi" in the end, so that the script
runs the fall-back routine to remove its modules using normal shell
commands and utilities. This might allow you to go through with the
python-uno upgrade. Unfortunately, I have no idea what side effects this
will have; it might make things even worse.

          Florian   |