Re: how to config wireless card

KS wrote:
> Serena Cantor wrote:
>> I've just got a USB card. It use rt2500 chip, said to be supported by etch
>>
>> how to config it? which package should I install?
>>

> The rt2500 package and drivers from rt2500-source. I have a rt2500 based
> card running on testing but it is a PCI card. More details at:
> http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/

Also, from the NewbieDOC wiki [1]:

# aptitude install rt2500-source module-assistant
# m-a prepare
# m-a a-i rt2500-source

This was tested with a PCMCIA card. Not sure about USB, but, if iwconfig detects
a network interface, I cannot see a problem.

[1]
http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_wireless_network_card_using_drivers_from_Debian_packages

Please report back whether it works or not.

--
Chris.