Re: is my raid1 array really working??

okay, this is what i have done:

# umount /dev/hdc8
# mdadm /dev/md4 --fail /dev/hdc8
# mdadm /dev/md4 --remove /dev/hdc8
# mdadm /dev/md4 --add /dev/hdc8

cat-ed /proc/mdstat and see that it is resynching ...
good news.

now, part two of your suggestion ... unmounting
/dev/hdaX partitions, editing fstab, and remounting.

won't this cause my system to go belly up?

<snip>

> remout /dev/hdb8 on /mnt and see if it is there.
>
> If so:
>
> unmount both /dev/hdb8 and /dev/hda8
> edit /etc/fstab to point to the correct md array
> remont /tmp
> see if you have a functioning /tmp.
>
> If this works, then you have a strategy to attempt
> from single-user
> mode.  If not, you'll have to think of something
> else.  At least these
> are raid1 arrays.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Doug.

Audubon Strings, LLC | Full Service Violin Shop
63 Audubon St.
New Haven, CT 06510
203.772.4722 (ph/fax)

http://www.audubonstrings.com/