.bashrc messes up 'set'

I've just discovered that a stable install (4.0, (with rdiff-backup pulled from testing)) has a wonky (that's a technical term, you understand ... ;-) ) /etc/skel/bashrc apparently.

If I ssh in as a freshly-created user and then run the "set" command, I get pages and pages of script-looking text, seemingly related to ImageMagick, as below (most of it snipped out as marked):

chyntt@goshen:~$ set | more
BASH=/bin/bash
BASH_ARGC=()
BASH_ARGV=()

<snip normal stuff you'd expect to see>

SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1
TERM=xterm
UID=1024
USER=chyntt
_=set
bash205='3.1.17(1)-release'
bash205b='3.1.17(1)-release'
bash3='3.1.17(1)-release'
_ImageMagick ()
{
    local prev;
    prev=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD-1]};
    case "$prev" in
        -channel)
            COMPREPLY=($( compgen -W 'Red Green Blue Opacity \
Matte Cyan Magenta Yellow Black' -- $cur ));
            return 0

<snip pages and pages of similar scripting stuff>

    COMPREPLY=($( command ls $admindir | grep "^$cur" ))
}
set_prefix ()
{
    [ -z ${prefix:-} ] || prefix=${cur%/*}/;
    [ -r ${prefix:-}CVS/Entries ] || prefix=""
}

If I rename/delete/move the user's .bashrc and then log out / back in, the "set" command returns what would be expected.

I don't see anything particularly odd in /etc/skel/bashrc (but then, I'm not a scripter). I wasn't able to find anything about this on the 'net. I'm mostly just wondering if other folks have seen this.

Thanks!

--
Kent