Re: network installation using local mirror for security updates

Gilles Mocellin schrieb:
Le Saturday 15 September 2007 15:21:19 bUg., vous avez écrit :
for example

deb file:///home/debian/security lenny/updates main contrib non-free

Malte Forkel пишет:
I recently installed Etch by booting a machine from the net using PXE
and specifying a local mirror of ftp.debian.de to the installer. All
went well but I noticed that during the installation
security.debian.org was accessed for updates. As I also have a local
mirror of that: How do I tell the installer to use a local mirror for
security updates?

Thanks in advance, Malte

You can do that doing preseeding install.
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs04.html.en#preseed-mirror

B.4.7. Apt setup
Setup of the /etc/apt/sources.list and basic configuration options is fully automated based on your installation method and answers to earlier questions. You can optionally add other (local) repositories. # You can choose to install non-free and contrib software.
#d-i apt-setup/non-free boolean true
#d-i apt-setup/contrib boolean true
# Uncomment this if you don't want to use a network mirror.
#d-i apt-setup/use_mirror boolean false
# Uncomment this to avoid adding security sources, or
# add a hostname to use a different server than security.debian.org.
#d-i apt-setup/security_host string

^Here^

I don't know if theses parameters can be passed to the debian installer during boot "apt-setup/security_host string"

I've ust tried with qemu, it oes not work with a normal install...

Ah, this is what I was looking for. Thanks! I knew I had read something about passing parameters to the installer before, I just couldn't find it anymore.

I guess I'll try to use my DHCP server to specify a preconfiguration file (http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs02.html.en#preseed-dhcp) with my local mirrors in it as you suggested. If just I had a machine that needed a fresh installation... :-)