Re: amd64 vs i386

pietia wrote:
> hi
>
> Do you have any experiences in that competition: Debian amd64 vs Debian
> i386 ?
>
> Is i386 still faster than amd64 ?

For me, amd64 is way much faster than i386, since ever.

> And what with missing packages like flash plugin ?

I use flash plugin installed from official repositories:

aptitude install flashplayer-mozilla

Of course, from non-free but it works.

The only thing you can't get working so easy is the plugin for java, but
java does work native in amd64, anyway if you configure it well with
nspluginwrapper I'm pretty sure you will get it working just like the
flash-plugin works.

Other things like skype and stuff like that you can get it working with
linux32. I haven't tried this completely since I don't use this but I
had run a lot of games for x86 in amd64 with this command.

Regards,
Jose Luis.
--

ghostbar on debian linux 'sid' 2.6.22 x86_64-SMP - #382503
Weblog: http://ghostbar.ath.cx/ - http://linuxtachira.org