Re: Gnome Update Manager's "Smart" Update

El sáb, 15-09-2007 a las 14:24 -0700, Tyler MacDonald escribió:
> Andrew J. Barr <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >   Is that really such a smart idea? Why is the update manager suggesting
> > > that's a smart idea? It will cripple my ability to work! Is it really that
> > > smart of the update manager to suggest such a thing? Is it such a smart
> > > thing to call that button "smart"?
> >
> > "smart" refers to resolving dependencies by installing additional
> > packages or removing software, as opposed to simply not installing
> > packages that would require such actions.
>
>   Is that always the smart thing to do?

If you are using unstable, you should be used to deal with this kind of
things.
If you're using testing you should check if your issue has something to
do with the auto/manually installed feature that aptitude/sinaptyc have
(and recently apt too).

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice."