Re: Linux Printer Sharing

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 the mental interface of
ArcticFox told:

> On Sep 15, 2007, at 3:12 PM, ArcticFox wrote:
>
>> I can't seem to find the right printer driver to use. There's on on my
>> Linux machine that works perfectly, but I don't have that driver on my mac
>> and I can't find it online. The closest I can get is ' HP PhotoSmart
>> P1100, CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.2.5' but that doesn't work. The printer's a
>> Photosmart 7450.
>>
> OK, I found a foomatic printer driver that's the same one I'm using on my
> Linux machine and installed it on my mac. I setup the printer through the
> Printer Setup Utility as the CUPS web-interface wouldn't find the driver I
> installed, however when I try and print I get the message 'Connecting to
> 10.0.0.150:631' then after a while it drops into 'Network host '10.0.0.150'
> is busy...' and just stays there. My host computer isn't doing /anything/
> other than waiting for stuff to print.
>
> This is giving me a headache...

You don't need a driver on a cups client! Make sure
"ServerName CupsServer" is mentioned in your client.conf, which
should be in /etc/cups on your MAC as well.

Next make sure, in your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf on your CupsServer
"Listen 631" is mentioned.

Thats it.

Elimar

--