Re: Linux Printer Sharing

On Sep 15, 2007, at 3:12 PM, ArcticFox wrote:

I can't seem to find the right printer driver to use. There's on on my Linux machine that works perfectly, but I don't have that driver on my mac and I can't find it online. The closest I can get is ' HP PhotoSmart P1100, CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.2.5' but that doesn't work. The printer's a Photosmart 7450.

OK, I found a foomatic printer driver that's the same one I'm using on my Linux machine and installed it on my mac. I setup the printer through the Printer Setup Utility as the CUPS web-interface wouldn't find the driver I installed, however when I try and print I get the message 'Connecting to 10.0.0.150:631' then after a while it drops into 'Network host '10.0.0.150' is busy...' and just stays there. My host computer isn't doing /anything/ other than waiting for stuff to print.

This is giving me a headache...