Best way to install second version of Debian?

I want to install a second version of Debian on a spare partition of my
HDD (can't have too much of a good thing ...).

Currently I have /dev/sda1 as Sidux, /dev/sda3 as Ubuntu. I want to put
Debian on /dev/sda8. The step I'm worried about is the final one: i.e.
how to manage the boot subsequently without losing access to the
existing partitions.

Any pointers to documentation, or advice please?

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian