Re: X ignores keyboard and mouse input, but shows cursor movement (etch)

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Ralph Katz wrote:

Problem: X ignores keyboard and mouse input, but shows cursor movement
and running apps update normally on-screen in visible windows (gkrellm,
gaim, etc).

I regularly see a similar problem on several boxen - and have for
quite some time.
	* Mouse cursor moves, and can select windows (maximize/minimize)
	* Can not select items in a window (firefox/etc) with mouse
	* No keyboard response in any window

All boxes are Sid - kept current daily.  I first thought it might be
hibernate/resume related - but when it started happening on my desktop
I discounted that :)

It may, however, be power related - I don't recall seeing the issue
before I enabled conservative(amd_64 desktop) or on-demand(intel_64)
power management.

On the laptop, things are often fine until after a resume, I run ntpdate
to correct the clock.

CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE (killing the WindowMaker session) always gets me out
of the problem, but it isn't fun.

--
Rick Nelson