Re: [OT] File Storage Server

Martin Marcher wrote:
In essence all I would like would be a standard server where I can
hotplug a lot of disks and be done with it (RAID resizing etc could be
done from debian then). Something like 2GB RAM a decent CPU (not too
much since it'll be dedicated to file services and RAID) and the
option to add disks. Any hints on what to get? (open to suggestions
apart from dell but I need the option of a service contract in case of
hardware failure...
I've had really good luck with a couple of boxes I purchased from Rackmounts, Etc. - a lot more horsepower and gigabytes per dollar than the Dell stuff. They come with a 3-year warranty.